I will hopefully document a lot of the food that i find in my travels here. So if you dont like food, probably tune out of this blog and only read the other travel one!
I have only had a small experience with food so far, but it has been good! Doris cooked a fantastic pasta for lunch on my first day in Osnabruck, it was a cream of fungi sauce, its just from a jar, made in Italy and you mix it with cooking cream, but it was fantastic, and not like flavours you get in Australia. I am going to try and find a picture of the bottle so hopefully once i open my cafe/deli i can import the product or something similar. The Brinkmann's neighbour/Italian Nonna also whipped out a fantastic homemade tomato sauce for the fresh pasta. It was amazing as well, however language barriers inhibited my attempt for a recipe haha. The starter for the same lunch was a carrot and potato soup, with mint leaves. It was so delicious and light, i had never thought of putting mint leaves with carrots so thats a great trick i will take away from Doris!
At the BBQ last night we had a mixture of chicken sausages (i didnt try these but they were the most popular), marinated chicken breasts and marinated pork. I do not eat much pork at home but this was delicious and i could have easily had seconds of it. I also tried a garlic cream (comes in a dip style container) and that was amazing and complimented every item of food on offer! I think i will need to seriously watch what i eat while in Europe or i will come back 10kgs heavier!
No comments:
Post a Comment